Thursday, October 06, 2005

sometimes it's hard to know you that need to be saved

until you hit the bottom and rattle the cage - Mindy Smith

It is so easy in this world of ours to look around and think 'well I'm at least not doing that', so I must be doing okay. I fell into this trap some years ago and praise God that He sent me such a vivid dream of what could happen if I continued down that path. That rattled the cage.
But we are who God says we are - blessed, chosen, adopted, accepted, redeemed and forgiven. Can you imagine if Abraham and David had fallen into the trap of believing they could not escape their sin filled pasts!? They believed God when He told them they were chosen and great things would come from them and their lines.
My small group is doing a study on 'Believing God':
God is who He says He is
God can do what He says He can do
I am who God says I am
I can do all things through Christ
God's word is alive and active in me

The first few weeks of the study were great - I was learning a lot, but have not really struggled with the first two assertions. I hope this week rattles the cage and I can truly believe who God says I am.

No comments: