Monday, June 26, 2006

future

I know what my future holds. It will contain unmeasured joy, unexpected pleasure, exhilarating love, incredible sorrow, death of loved ones, crushing disappointment, irrational fear, constant restlessness, seasons of contentment, abundant hope, beautiful relationships, and broken relationships.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". - Jeremiah 29:11

I know this and praise the Lord that I have no idea how these things will manifest themselves! I pray that I will allow His plans to reign - free from my manipulation and meddling. It seems that we cannot just 'be' anymore. Everyone wants to know exactly where you will be in 2yrs, 5yrs, 10yrs...it's exhausting and stifling! I love not knowing and I am truly excited about the unknown adventures He has in store for me!

Though...it is by no means my desire to sit passively while life 'happens' to me. No, I long for a life steeped in intentional prayer, continual studying and as a result - deliberate behavior. I pray that when I look towards the future, I embrace the unexpected...because it is expected in His eyes.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. - Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Yay! This made me all excited. Good one!