Tuesday, January 31, 2006

when faith becomes real

The Lord has put on my heart recently to really examine the moment faith became real in my life. Does this mean when did I first become a Christian? That would be sixth grade, but no I don't think it does mean that. When did I stop putting my desires first and deliberately turning away from God's word and purpose? Now that sounds more like it. Obviously I cannot sit here writing this and pretend I have become horribly enlightened and never stray from His word, but I do know this: His word is alive and active in my life and this knowledge has greatly changed my perspective. I never understood that my will was so incredibly flawed until I look back and recognize the havoc my choices caused on my life and others. My faith became real when the world I designed was falling apart. It was only then that I came to understand what He had been trying to tell me for years: 'But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.' Matthew 6:33.

It is so difficult to begin a thing (or relationship) without seeking His will and then realizing as it is spiraling out of control how desperately you need Him. But He is so faithful and comes to your rescue when you seek Him - even after much damage. Though it may not be in the exact manner you had pictured or can even understand, it will be what you need.


'Yahweh, your God, is in the midst of you, a mighty one who will save. He will rejoice over you with joy. He will calm you in his love. He will rejoice over you with singing.'
Zephaniah 3:17

No comments: